This post is going to be very different from what I normally write about. Let me explain …
In the beginning of May, Rosh (http://darlynnrosh.wordpress.com), in a comment to my post “Dog-Powered Vacation – Part 2”, nominated Ultima Tunu for the “Liebster Award”. I had never heard about that award before, but on Rosh`s blog I found out what it was all about. There, she explained:
“The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Awesome! Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.”
A few weeks later, Vediseir (http://reykjavikchic.wordpress.com), in a comment to “About us”, nominated Ultima Tunu for the Liebster Award as well.
First of all, I`d like to thank both Rosh and Vediseir for nominating this blog!! Now, Ultima Tunu is most of all about experiences I share with my husband. But since it is me who is doing the writing and most of the picture-taking, I will be the one responding to the award as well.
I am excited about the opportunity to nominate some of the blogs I enjoy reading! Of course I have to pick blogs with less than 200 followers. But, to find out the exact number of followers actually turned out to be more difficult than I first thought. So, if I`ll by mistake nominate a blog with more than 200 followers, please forgive me!
So, let`s do the
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Post 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you (in my case I will answer both Rosh and Vediseir, since they both tagged me) plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them 🙂
11 facts about myself:
1. I was born in 1979.
2. I grew up without watching television.
3. I love snow and winter.
4. I have 10 Greenlandic dogs.
5. I am a night owl.
6. I haven`t lived in my home country since I was 20 years old.
7. I got married to my husband, Johan (also called Ingkasi), in 2012.
8. I love to drink different kinds of coffee, and to eat cookies.
9. I love to be outdoors and to sleep outdoors. During my studies in Norway, I lived in a tent for a year.
10. I have one sister, three nieces and a nephew.
11. I am a Christian. I believe that Jesus Christ died to restore our relationship with God. He loves me and cares for me, now and forever.
Rosh`s 11 questions for me and my answer’s:
Where are you from?
From a town called Löhne in the federal state of Nordrhein-Westfalen in Germany
Where do you live?
In Ittoqqortoormiit, a small community in the east part of Greenland
What languages do you speak?
German, Danish English and a little Eastgreenlandic
Which countries are your ancestors from?
From Germany. But I believe some of them came from places that today belong to other countries, in eastern Europe.
What’s your favorite memory from your childhood?
Hiking in the mountains og Switzerland during summer holidays with my family
What was your dream when you were a child?
I dreamed of having my own dog, of going abroad and visit areas with untouched nature and of learning how to ride and how to take care of horses.
What’s your favorite book and author?
Right now – “The Sacred Romance” by Brent Curtis and John Eldredge
What do you value most in life?
Relationships and nature
Who’s your favorite person in history?
I don`t really have one! But I am fascinated by in the history of indigenous people in the Arctic, and if I had to pick a favourite person there, I´ll pick a brave Greenlandic women called Arnarulunguaq, who travelled across Arctic America by dogsled as a member of Knud Rasmussens expedition.
What are the largest fresh water lakes in the world?
Lake Baikal in Asia (largest volume) and Lake Superior in Northern America (largest surface area)
Who is your target audience for your blog?
People who have visited (or are planning to do so) Ittoqqoortoormiit or/and have “fallen in love” with Greenland and therefore enjoy reading about it, and others, who, although they might never actually travel to Greenland, still like to get a sence of what it is like to live in the Arctic.
Vediseirs questions for me and my answers:
Where are you from?
How many languages do you speak?
What is your favourite food?
Mattak (raw narwhale skin)
What is your favourite book?
Another favourite book: “Trapline Twins” by Julie and Miki Collins
Where have you traveled to outside of your own country?
Switzerland, France, Norway, The Netherlands, Greece, Estonia, Scotland, England, Sweden, Iceland, Canada, Denmark, Austria, Greenland
What`s your blog about?
It is about everyday life, outdoor and hunting trips in a small Inuit community in the Arctic, where hunting animals for food still plays an important role in people’s life.
What was your favourite comic book character as a child?
Prince Valiant 🙂
What are your goals for this year?
Among others: to learn more Eastgreenlandic and to enjoy and embrace life every day
What is your favourite quote?
“To dare is to lose one’s footing momentarily. Not to dare is to lose one’s self.”
Do you like licorice (not the red type but the real black type)?
If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
To have fingers and hands that always are warm, never freeze, not matter how cold it gets around them!
My questions for my nominees:
1. Where do you feel at home?
2. What did you dream about, when you were a child?
3. If a day had 25 hours, what would you do in the additional hour?
4. What`s most important to you, in life?
5. What do you do when you want to relax?
6. Who inspires you?
7. What makes you happy?
8. What place on earth would you like to (re)visit, and why?
9. What`s your favourite book?
10. What`s your favourite outdoor activity?
11. Why do you blog?
My 11 nominees:
Have fun! 🙂